- What can I do with a sofa table?
- How do you style a console table?
- What do you call a table that goes against a wall?
- Can a sofa table be longer than the sofa?
- Why is it called a sofa table?
- What is a table that goes behind sofa?
- What do you put above a console table?
- How high should a sofa table be behind a sofa?
- What is the difference between a console table and a sofa table?
- Where do you place a console table?
- How do you pick a console table?
What can I do with a sofa table?
One of the most basic uses for sofa tables is to fill empty space.
Without a sofa table, a room may have large areas that turn into dead space.
Here, the additional table helps to continue the color story throughout the room and allows for more personalization with decorating..
How do you style a console table?
How To Style A Console Table Like A Pro:Create an anchor. A large focal point in center of your table. … Add height. Styling a table in 3’s, high, medium, low, is a known design rule. … Go under the table. We always read about styling the top of the table, but, go under too. … Create Balance. … Add A Natural or Organic Element.
What do you call a table that goes against a wall?
What Is a Console Table? A console table is wide, fairly shallow and roughly as tall as a regular table or desk. A console table is often placed against a wall – but when it’s placed against the back of a sofa, it’s called a sofa table.
Can a sofa table be longer than the sofa?
Although end tables are typically no taller than 30 inches, the sofa table should match or be just below the top of the couch. … Typically, the size of a sofa table should be about a foot shorter than the entire length of the couch.
Why is it called a sofa table?
The sofa table dates back to the late 1700s and is, basically, a long drop-leaf table. The table was often placed in front of the sofa to be used by two people sitting snugly together.
What is a table that goes behind sofa?
Tables that sit behind sofas are called various names, including sofa tables, console tables and hall tables. The tables are about as tall as the back of a couch, and serve a plethora of aesthetic and functional purposes.
What do you put above a console table?
1. Create an AnchorChoose one statement piece – bold artwork, an oversize mirror, or a table clock – to place above your console table to help visually anchor it to the wall. … Shop Wall Mirrors.Shop Table Clocks.Create visual interest on your console table by showcasing objects of varying heights. … Shop Vases.Shop Globes.More items…
How high should a sofa table be behind a sofa?
6 inchesSofa tables, the console table that sits behind the sofa, should be no taller than the height the sofa back. As for size, consoles can be anywhere from half the length to nearly the full length of the sofa (making sure to allow at least 6 inches from either end).
What is the difference between a console table and a sofa table?
What is the difference between a console table and sofa table? Console tables are usually a standard height (around 33 inches) so you can place them against a wall, whereas sofa tables are low enough to sit behind your sofa. Where do you put a sofa table? Sofa tables are designed to be placed behind your sofa.
Where do you place a console table?
Depending on the size and style of the room, and the placement of the surrounding furniture, you may choose to put the console table behind the sofa. Or even use it as a visual divide to separate different purpose areas of a large open plan room. But consoles tables aren’t just for hallways and living rooms.
How do you pick a console table?
Think about color. If the room is small in size, select a console table in a light wood finish, since lighter colors tend to make the space appear larger. Especially if the console table is going into a hallway, consider purchasing one with a drawer, open shelving, cabinets or cubbies.